The Basics of Tuning MySQL on your Dedicated Server
Note to follow this instruction you will need root access.
This tutorial will show you how to optimize MySQL for fast queries and load times on your dedicated server. Root access is needed for this tutorial.
Checking the fragmented tables for its repair, statistics and security vulnerabilities is the purpose of this script.
- Sign in as the root user via SSH.
- Open the /usr/src/ directory.
- get mysqltuner.pl script.
wget http://mysqltuner.pl -O mysqltuner.pl
- use the downloaded script.
- you will now get a report generated with information’s on what to and how to improve the performance of MySQL.
Warning: Do not change anything if you are a beginner. If you would like expert help contact Webnexs Managed Dedicated Server or get help of the system administrator.
Kudos! You have completed the DIY on Optimizing fast queries and load times in MySQL.